Sunday, February 10, 2008

peds, ob, preceptorship, bla

I am a horrible blogger.
Nursing school is moving along quickly. I haven't even looked at my last post, so I can't say where we left off.
I am currently in my peds/OB rotation and lecture. Let's just say it is not my favorite, but I am surviving. My last clinical is this Tuesday because then everyone else will start Community, which I finished during the summer, so I am free!!
I took my med-surg HESI last semester and I got a 98%, which means I get to choose where I complete my preceptorship. After much deliberation, I decided on the CSICU. I had a good experience there, but I am still scared shitless. Part of me wanted to just choose telemetry to gain confidence and skills, but the other part of me feels that I have worked hard to earn my HESI score and I KNOW I want to be an ICU nurse, so...why not?
There are many fears though, like what if the nurses think I am an idiot because I don't know how to do something? What if they think, "Gosh, why did she choose to come here, she should have gone to MS, she knows NOTHING!!"
Silly, I know.

3 comments:

undergrad RN said...

She lives! Good to see :)

rn2be said...

Read some of your posts and enjoyed it very much! Now for the shameless plug. Sorry but I don't really know how else to get users to my new forum site.


---------------
Its called RN2BE.com .. I know Its not an allnurses.com or an ultimatenurse.com but it is a unique site(forum site), geared to nursing students like you and myself for their struggle on pursing their RN title. So please join, and spread the word!

frank
rn2be.com
site admin

emotera said...

its nice to read this blog...im also a nurse...i like ur like statement at this post... ï also think that way...im afraid that the people will tell me"gosh, y did she chose to come here...she knows NOTHING