Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Nursing School Orientation

Well, I had my orientation yesterday. Boy was I tired!! Overall, it went good.
I got there way too early because someone told me traffic is bad at that time, but I guess I was lucky. First, the Dean came in and congratulated us all. Apparently, over 600 people applied and only 72 were accepted! I was one of them! yay!!
Basically, the whole orienation (7+ hours) consisted of mainly the clinical hospitals trying to convince us to choose them for our rotations. We got to choose between 4 hospitals. One is the biggest one in the area, the other is on campus, the third is a mix of 3 on campus, and the 4th is a big one as well, but it's almost an hour (maybe 45 minutes) away.
At my school, you pick one hospital and then you're there for all 5 semesters. There is no switching once you're matched up, NO MATTER WHAT!
I picked my top 4 in that order and of course, I got my 4th freakin' choice. Now I have to drive soooooo far for 2 years.

Here is my schedule for first semester:
Monday:
Fundamentals 12:00 pm - 2:50 pm

Tuesday:
Pathophysiology 8:30 am - 10:20 am

Wednesday:
Clinical 6:30-2:20 (chya, so I need to leave before the sun is up!)

Thursday:
Pathophysiology 8:30 am - 10:20 am
Physical exam and assessment 12:30 pm - 2:20 pm

Friday:
Lab for clinical 12:30 pm - 2:50 pm

1 comments:

Kristi said...

Nicole,

I also just got accepted into the nursing program at my college. I am not pursuing the BSN, but the ADN. Congratulations on your acceptance! I do understand your anxiety over it!!