Saturday, June 4, 2011

2011: The Good

Now that my previous post is out of the way...

Let's move on to the good that has happened over the past month and a half.

Most importantly, this happened:

Mirza graduated from the University of South Florida with his Bachelor of Science in Music Education!



 ...
with honors!


Now he is on the hunt for a job!





I'd hire him!


And 2 weeks ago, I traded my scrubs for a suit...

...drove over the Howard Frankland bridge and back to my Alma Mater for an interview to get into graduate school! As some of you may recall, I applied last semester and was DENIED. Huge upset.

Well, I am happy to announce that I learned a few days ago that in August, I will begin the 3 year, part-time journey to become an Adult Nurse Practitioner!

Congratulations! It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been accepted for admission to the Master’s Program at College of Nursing at the University of South Florida for the Fall 2011 semester. You will be receiving a written confirmation by email shortly regarding your acceptance as well as information on orientation and registration. Thank you.


Finally, on May 21st, I ran a 5k and finished within my goal time..


That's that. 
Please check out my Reading Space and the Tribute to my Mother, as they have been updated.

I also wanted to add that on May 29th, this blog celebrated it's FIVE YEAR ANNIVERSARY! Thanks to those who have been there from the start....well, is there anyone left? I doubt it. It is hilarious to go back and read my posts from 2006 as I anticipate starting nursing school, and then the journey through my program. Let's look back to June of 2006 when I found out that I was accepted into the nursing program...and then there's my highly amusing first day of clinicals, and  September 22nd 2008, hours before I took and PASSED my NCLEX.
This blog definitely started as primarily just a blog about nursing school, but transformed in so many ways over the past five years. I know that I will continue to document my journey through my career and other aspects of my life, as well. I'm glad to have others along with me for the journey...

5 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations Nicole! So glad you kept the flame burning to go back!
Best of luck with your ANP program!
And a congrats to the graduate.

Susan said...

Congrats to Mirza and congrats to you!!! Can't wait to hear about what else is in store for you. :)

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh i'm so happy for you and Mirza! Things are looking up and I know this is the start of an amazing summer.

Happy 5 years to the bloggy too!

Amber Kay said...

I'm so glad you're back! I just started following your blog a couple of months ago, and read your entries from the very beginning up until the present. Thanks for being so open and honest in your blog, I really enjoy reading!

Robert said...

Congrats! I love The Good!