Monday, January 15, 2007

I love 3 day weekends! Especially when they fall right after the first week of school.

The first week went well, to say the least. I already know it is going to be a rough semester. However, I feel incredibly motivated to study, learn, and be the best nurse I can be!
My goal for the semester is to truly LEARN and understand what the hell is going on. I plan to read all assigned readings for the week during the weekend. This way, I can focus on studying during the week and listening more intently during class time. I'm almost done with the reading for this upcoming week. I will say--7 more hours and I'll be done. By then, it will be time to sleep since I wake up at 4am for my second clinical day.

NERVOUS!! Last week my regular preceptor was not around, so I had a floating nurse. She was nice and helpful, but I feel like our personalities will not mesh well. I hope my real preceptor is there tomorrow and I hope she is willing to show and teach me all the things she knows, ha.
Even though we're supposed to have our own patients, etc. I feel like if someone handed me a chart and said, "Go," that I would have no idea where to even start. I can't even read half of the stuff in the chart because of poor handwriting. So, I guess that is what's bothering/worrying me the most for right now. I go into clinicals with a dreadful feeling, but once I am there--everything is fine.

Time to begin reading.

0 comments: