Monday, April 27, 2009

CSA

Eat food. Not too much. Mostly plants

Gateway Organic Farms is going to be opening their membership for the next harvest. For the longest time, I've wanted to take part in a Community Supported Agriculture, but because it is a large fee up front (not a huge cost in the long run) I have never been able. However, I think now I can do it! And I'm so excited. The price rose from $400 to $500, but I understand the increase.
I feel like $500 is a huge investment in one installment, but will also be a huge investment in my health! $33 a week for fresh, organic, locally grown produce is an amazing deal and for me, it would be great. I spend a considerable amount on produce as it is; I will definitely get my money's worth. Of course, $500 is for half share, so it would be every other week, but I think it will definitely work out.
Now, to figure out how to pay for it...credit, savings, both? Sigh.

http://gourmetgirlmagazine.com/09/01/specialfeature.php


0 comments: