Tuesday, January 12, 2010

A Day of Eats

I woke up this morning and decided to document my day of eats!

Normally, I would have oatmeal and peanut butter toast for breakfast, but I was fresh out of oatmeal, so I had to improvise.

I took the rest of my plain Oikos greek yogurt, the rest of the strawberries, mixed it all with honey, cinnamon, and Back to Nature Apple-blueberry granola.



And then of course, I had my peanut butter toast and a multivitamin. I just recently started to take a multivitamin, but honestly, I really don't "believe" in vitamins. haha. However, I like to donate blood and my HgB had been low the last few times, so I figured I would try a supplement. But then when I went to the store, I just figured...what the hell, I'll get a woman's multi. I am just skeptical about the health benefits. I truly believe it is the entire fruit or vegetable or WHATEVER as a whole that makes it so special, not the tiny micronutrients that can be picked apart. Anywho...



After lounging around like a lazy person, I finally went to the grocery store. As you can see, there isn't much in the vegetable or green department, but that is because of my CSA membership. I have tons of greens at home...



Lunch was left over home made pizza from yesterday. Here's some action shots of Mirza making it. He honestly makes pizza better than anyone. It always tastes amazing!!



Carrying on, I had one piece of left over pizza, a romaine/ mix of greens from the farm with chick peas, feta, balsamic vinegar, and evoo. On the side were Jalapeno smokehouse almonds from Blue Diamond. I love those little suckers. I couldn't finish them all though...






I spent the rest of the day running more errands (buying cat food), and then hung out at my mom's house for a bit. I honestly wasn't that hungry today. I don't know if it's because of my cold or what, but...

Before dinner, I had some more of the (un)healthy almonds...no picture.

For dinner, I had left over turkey bacon and I'm trying to use everything I have on hand, so I made a BLT and leftover apple-squash soup from the Clean Food cookbook. It was in my freezer from over a month ago and still tasted great...






There are absolutely no sweets in the house right now, which is just...disastrous, as far as I'm concerned, so I made some Butterscotch Brownies from the Betty Crocker Cookbook. Had about 4 little squares of these...




There you have it folks. That was my most random day of eats. Since I work nights, I will be up until about 3am, so I'll more than likely have more food before the night/am is over, like cereal..

I work the next three nights...adios.

ps:  Team Conan all the way

0 comments: