Wednesday, January 27, 2010

exerciiiiise

This morning I went on a 30 minute speed walk at the park. On the trail, I passed an old man and politely said good morning. He responded with good morning, too, but then he looked at me and in a very accusatory tone asked, "Why aren't you in school!?!" I said..."um, because...I'm 25???"

hahahah, so apparently I look like a little school girl. Operation look older commences now! I can only imagine what some of my patient's or families think, geez.

After my walk, I went to the gym in my apartment complex and worked on the weight machines a bit. There's only 4 weight machines, but it is better than nothing. The room has bicep curls, leg lifts, lat/row, and a chest press (I think?). I went through the machines twice at 12 reps and then did ab work on the ground, which included 50 crunches, and some planks. There is also a set of 3lb free weights (oh boy...), so I combined the two on one arm and did more bicep curls. I should utilize my actual gym more, but I mostly like it for group classes.
I'm definitely not into machines; I love free weights.


I've decided I need to kick-up my exercise regime. I have 4 days off during my week, so I think I should be exercising 4 days per week. I want to do 3 days of cardio (bla!), 2 of weight training, and 2 of yoga. I went through my gym's group classes and wrote out my schedule for the next week, so now I have no excuses.

I want to increase my muscle. I remember when I joined the gym about 2 years ago and within one month, I had gained 5 pounds of muscle. I felt and looked great. I want to get back to that. Honestly, even though I'm a little person,I consider myself pretty strong. Other nurses agree too when I help to pull patient's up in bed:)


I'm picking up my vegetables from the CSA in about an hour.

Dinner tonight is going to be a recreation of the portobello sandwich I usually get at the greek restaurant, mmmmmmm.

Totally random question: Does anyone like bubble bath?? And if yes, what do you use? I ventured over to Target today for some bubble bath and looked all over in the obvious places, but found nothing. Not even for little kids with cute characters (no shame here). Eventually, I went to the baby/infant section and found some Johnson&Johnson bubble bath and body wash. I bought it. Says it is supposed to "help baby sleep," so we'll see if it works on adults, haha. In all seriousness--anyone?

8 comments:

Nikki said...

I can hardly wait to explore your blog! I'm an RN too :). Good luck recreating your sandwich. I love figuring out how to make my favorite restaurant meals.

Erin said...

I just stumbled onto your blog and really like it. Your header picture is fantastic! :)

e said...

Hi! Wow, I just read about being asked if you were younger than you are...I can relate and read the rest of your post. I look forward to seeing more! I am 22 and get those comments quite often about being 16 or 17!

Jolene - EverydayFoodie said...

I am not a big bubble bath person - I always find that baths get cold too soon, and I like the steaming HOT!! I am totally a shower person.

Joanna Ashleigh said...

I tend to prefer aromatherapy bath salts over bubble bath. This site has fabulous salts... I'm especially fond of the "tired old ass soak!" lol!
http://www.littlemoonessentials.com

As far as soaps go, I love to buy from this place occasionally.
http://www.sacredsuds.com/

Love to read your blog, sorry I don't comment that often.

m said...

Hi!

I'm so excited I came across your blog via Oh She Glows. I'm trying to do a similar blog about staying healthy while becoming an RN (I haven't gotten into a program yet). I'm excited to read through your journey. Congratulations on your professional accomplishments thus far. Best of luck to you!

-Michelle
http://fitrn.blogspot.com

Dragonfly said...

I just love baths (and swimming pools, and the sea, basically immersing myself in water). Bubble bath is good, but the warm water is the most important. Actually I quite like putting in a drop or so of an essential oil or just some scented shower/bath gel or soap as well. Bath bombs are not bad either..

Jess said...

If you like bubble baths, see if you have a Lush store in your area. They sell bubble bars. Drop one in your bath and get tons of bubbles. It's all handmade and mostly natural ingredients and smells sooooooo yummy :) I swear I don't work there...

www.lushusa.com