Sunday, January 15, 2012

My first real WOD

You can read about my baseline workout here.

This Saturday, I was super excited to go to crossfit since they told me to bring along Mirza.
After practically dragging him out of the bed in the early morning, we made it.

Here was my first official WOD (workout of the day):

One Round for time of:
  • 20 burpees
  • 325 m. med ball carry (once around the building)
  • 30 wall ball shots (10 ft. target)
  • 325m. med ball carry
  • 40 supine med ball get ups.
  • 325 m. med ball carry
  • 50 med ball sit ups.
  • 325m med ball carry
Special rules:  You cannot set your med ball down while in the med ball carry.  To do so will cost you 5 BURPEES on the spot.  If you throw your med ball down while in the carry, that will cost you 20 burpees on the spot.  So unless you just love doing burpees, keep the med balls off the concrete.
Loved, loved, loved it.
It was in the 50's, perfect weather. The class was small, and even though it was difficult, I had a smile on my face probably the whole time. Mirza was kind of cursing me a bit, but only because it's been awhile since he's worked out and this was way out of his activity level.

They took some pictures of us, as well!

Here I am running around the building with my med ball (in the green).


Getting up from the "get-ups," which is basically holding the med ball and laying down on the ground, and getting up...

On the ground! I liked these because they allowed me to lay down, haha!

Burpees at the beginning!

More get-ups!



On my way out for another run around the building!

Sit-ups!!

Abs are dead.
Can't wait until tomorrow.

1 comments:

Christine said...

That routine would probably make me die. This all looks so awesome but the idea of getting off the ground a bunch of times w a heavy object just screams of a knee blowout to me! Maybe I should consider surgery sometime soon with thinking like that.

Anyway- I think I told you I have some family in KC that do Crossfit. They are seriously hooked- I think they even got their toddler a little crossfit shirt. Seems like you'd be able to stick w it easy since it's such a rapid intense workout. I look forward to seeing more posts about it.