Monday, August 28, 2006

Getting involved

Even though I'm sure I'll be intensely busy this semester, I'd like to get involved!
One thing I am definitely looking at is student council from our college, but also there is this program called the Internation Health Services Collaborative, which looks interesting. It is the college of medicine, nursing, public health, and physical therapy--they do fundraisers, etc. Their goal:

  • Promoting sustainable health projects in underserved communities within the U.S. and developing nations
  • Creating a forum for interdisciplinary interaction within *the university* Health and throughout *university, which will result in more well-rounded health professionals
They even went to countries like Dominican Republic and Educador.

Sound cool? Should I do it? I tried emailing some of my other clinical members to see if they wanted to go since they have two meetings.

0 comments: