Wednesday, August 26, 2009

i LOVE IT

Quick update, more thorough one tomorrow:

HAD A GREAT DAY! I think I am going to LOVE my job...no, I know I will definitely LOVE IT a lot more than the last!! Everyone was so nice and I find the nurses in the unit to be much more professional. No one seems catty or rude. Everyone is there to help.
We had two patients, both of which were on the verge of dying just days ago, but are much more stable now.
Pt #1 is a woman with swine flu!! only in her 40's. On the vent, but they put in a trach this afternoon. She almost died a few days ago.
Pt #2 was admitted JULY 4TH...that's a long freakin' time. Came in with GIB. Was intubated/extubated numerous times, CRRT, the works...is now on RA sats like 98%! He had a lot more going on, but yeah...

back tomorrow, excited!

PS: I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE that my shift ends at 6pm. I am used to 7-7 and don't get home until 8pm. Well, I was home at 6:35 today. AMAZING!!! And waking up at 4am was not an issue for me at all. I went to bed between 830-9pm. It really makes a difference to get home so early.

1 comments:

LivingDeadNurse said...

glad you love your job...i hope i am that lucky when i start job searchin