Monday, November 23, 2009

feelin' saucy!


I feel so good today! I don't know what it is, but I hope this feeling lasts into the week:)

I woke up and organized/cleaned, which always makes me feel..cleansed? I decided yesterday that today I want to make a tomato sauce! I've been craving a nice, homemade sauce for awhile now, but I rarely make one since I know it could never compare to my mom's!! She told me over the phone what she does, so I am going to mimic it the best I can. I'm also adding ground turkey breast to mine. She usually does the whole ground beef and italian sausage deal with amazing meatballs *drool* and she cooks it ALL. DAY. Growing up, I have found memories of the weekends when her sauces would start early in the morning and simmer all day long. The smell would permeate throughout the whole house. We'd always have good bread, too. I miss those days.


As much as I want to follow a vegetarian diet, I find that I don't feel well when I do. I just feel better at times when I have animal products. Truthfully, this makes me feel guilty and sad, but I just do not like feeling like crap! Honestly, I'm all about listening to what my body needs. Sometimes it wants all fruits, veggies, and grains and rebels against any sort of animals, even dairy! And then there are times when I know I just need it.
Does anyone else feel this way? I feel guilty, I guess, since I read a lot of blogs related to vegetarianism and veganism, but everyone is different, right?

Lately, I've been on the search for a good, daily moisturizer. I was using Alba organics prior, but it is gone and I'm ready for something new. I use Yes To Carrots cream at night and I like that, so I thought I'd give it a try. I found a Yes to Cucumnbers facial kit on sale at Target. It includes a headband (haha), a facial cleansing gel, a facial hydrating lotion, and soothing eye gel.




After a bunch of errands this afternoon, I came home, put away all the food, and made a delicious lunch consisting of: whole wheat pita with hummus, baked until hot and then topped with organic spinach, fresh basil from my porch (love!!), organic tomato slices, and (the best) kalamata olives. I love making these little pizzas! On the side, I had a fruit salad from Publix.
I'm ready to start cooking my sauce!

Max says, "hi!"


Totally random, but does anyone else get extreme joy out of purchasing stupid things, like hand soap, sponges, etc? I don't know, I'm a freak!

2 comments:

april said...

I definitely get joy out of beauty products.. you should see my shampoo collection!

nicklovin said...

That's not good if you're feeling sick when you don't eat flesh. You should take a look at the vegan food pyramid. Make sure you eat leafy greens, whole grains, and legumes. You should be ok! Oh and make sure you have a source of B-12 :-D