Sunday, May 23, 2010

Tri news and more DC stuff

Yesterday I set out on my 12 mile bike ride with my new clip in shoes/pedals.

I start at a mile marker 7 on the trail and then go to mile 13 and turn around. When I got to mile marker 12, I was like, "woohooo one more to go and then i can turn around," but I swear it felt like I was going forever. I kept cursing, "where the hell is 13?~!"
Finally, I came upon mile marker number 14. #$% what the hell, I thought! I missed it!?
Well, I turned around and finally came up mile 13, which had been ripped from the ground and put kind of out of sight...soooo my 12 mile ride turned into 14.
That's okay though because I felt great. I absolutely love my new pedals and shoes. I wish I would have gotten them sooner.
I finished in 1 hour and 11 minutes. It would have been shorter if I hadn't stopped at 234 red lights and stop signs. maaaan!

Still smiling after 14 miles:






After my ride, I drove to Publix for some snacks because my kitchen is absolutely bare.
I was getting odd looks from people because my padded butt shorts were soaked with sweat. Totally flattering, right? I didn't care. Food was my mission.
Refueled with some yogurt, local blueberries, and a bagel. One with cream cheese, the other with peanut butter.




After my ride, I drove to a local recreation center to get a 6-month  membership card. I plan to go early tomorrow morning to a Master's Swim class to decide if it's something I want to join to help with my tri training. Swimming for a triathlon is just so foreign to me and I want to make sure I am pretty comfortable for that portion of my race. Also, I need to step it up with my swimming. I haven't done any since my private lesson and almost feel like I forget everything he taught me! 


This morning I completed Week 4, Day 2 of the Couch-to-5K program. Still difficult, but getting "easier." The bad part is that I looked ahead to Week 5. um, shit?




Here are more photos from DC:












0 comments: