Saturday, August 7, 2010

Salutation Nation, Tampa, Fl

This morning I drove to Tampa for some free yoga at the Tampa Museum of Art!
It was Salutation Nation, an event put on by Lululemon to get everyone all over the country practicing yoga for one hour at the same time.
There were 178 people that attended the event in my city, and it was magnetic.






Practicing yoga outside is a whole new experience. It is much better than being inside a cold gym, that's for sure. Even though it was hot (hey, it's Florida), it honestly wasn't too bad because of a breeze. However, I'm not going to lie, there was a puddle of sweat on my mat. But I love to sweat, so it was wonderful. Of the 178 people, there were so many walks of life; different races, ages, male, female...lovely! Yoga really does bring people together in a calm way. My only complaint was that at times I did not know what was going on because the instructors were far away, but they had people walking around to help, and adjust. Very nice!
There was also a guy playing  saz (I think), and at the end of Savasana, he sang Leonard Cohen's, "Hallelujah."

I found some photos on Yoga Tampa Bay's Facebook account, and I am going to steal them...

I'm the one in orange with black pants, and green mat:)
















After the class, I drove my sweaty asana back over the Howard Franklin bridge, and ate a delicious mixture of plain green yogurt, honey, cinnamon, banana, and uncooked oatmeal. Perfect yoga day.

Did you attend Salutation Nation in your city today?

3 comments:

Lightfooted said...

Wowie - great photos from the Salutation Nation event! I can't believe how fast you got a blog post up about the event!

It looked much different from our Salutation experience at the hometown of Lululemon (who hosted the Canada/USA-wide event) in Vancouver, B.C, Canada where it was raining & drew only the most dedicated of yogis.

A pic of us submitting to the sogginess of rainy yoga.
http://tweetphoto.com/37434183

Enjoy the rest of your weeekend!

Cheers,
Jodie

@lightfooted

ALFIE said...

sooo jealous! i was really hoping a location would be near me in detroit---but there wasn't.

just found your blog! as a fellow nurse in her 20's and yoga lover, i was very pleased :)

Sarabeth aka Sarita said...

that is amazing and your pics came out fab! i am a newbie to the yoga world but hopefully one day i will be able to attend an event like this one :)

have a great day!