Wednesday, September 13, 2006

Second Full Clinical Day

I just took a nice, hot and thorough shower and then made a quesadilla with rice and corn. Now I am going to sit here and relax for a few moments before I decide WHAT to study, since there is soooo much to do choose from.
My day went really good today. I was tired, but I pushed through it! We have to do these Patient Assessment Tools, which are reallllly long and our first one is due next Fri, so I wanted to get it done today. Fortunately, one of my patients from last week was still in the hospital, so she let me use her as my guinea pig:) I finally did vitals on a real patient, as opposed to a class mate or family member/Mirza. All was good. Then I had to interview her for my PAT, which was a lot easier than I thought--and I kind of enjoyed it. The only thing is that I didn't have as much time as I would have liked, so I kind of had to rush, but it wasn't a big deal. I had to ask a 79 year old how many sexual partners she's had, which I am sure I'll have to ask again to someone else, but it was definitely interesting the first time. Actually, it wasn't a big deal at all. My patient was pretty awesome. She was in the hospital recovering from a laparoscopic bilateral salpingo oopherectomy! Yeah, don't ask me if I can recite that later or if I even spelt it right--TIIIIIRED.
It was sad to say goodbye because I'll never ever see her again and she was sort of my first real patient. Well, not really, but the first one I got to do vitals and PAT.
Another one of our patients was a woman who just had a C-section and her 6 day old son was in the room--aaawww.
THEN there was a code blue!!! But of course it was on another floor, so I didn't see anything interesting.
However, I did hear the lullaby music about 3-4 times today, which plays throughout the hospital everytime a baby is born!

0 comments: