Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Facebook break

My first two night shifts were not bad. I slept ok, not great, but just ok. Also, I never hit that "wall" people talk about in the middle of the night when you just get so tired. I think I was mostly just running on adrenaline of being in a new situation combined with critical care patients. So far, the people are nice and awesome, too, so that's a plus.
I feel like the night shift could give me a nice, slow pace to learn, but truthfully, I feel I would learn better on days because I feel I benefit a lot from seeing all of the different disciplines who come to see patients. And rounds? C'mon, the MDs in the ICU are quite smart and I always learn something new about my patient and their process when they round and everyone talks.

But, I am giving it a chance.

In other news, I have decided that I have a facebook addiction and it is not good. And so, I have logged out and removed the direct link to my account from my bookmark bar. I think I just need a break. I feel like facebook is just one big facade. I cannot explain it.

This article kind of explains how I feel: https://www.adbusters.org/magazine/80/quit_facebook.html

I just think I might be more productive or clear mind without it for awhile...and for awhile, I mean about a week or a few days at least. I mean, I'm almost 25, it just seems like a juvenile thing to be doing all the time, haha

As another side note, I'm currently reading this book: http://www.halftheskymovement.org/

You may have seen it on Oprah. Anyone read it?

2 comments:

LivingDeadNurse said...

well i just added facebook to my site..i am verry addicted but its mainly to the farmville game..lol

The Bohemian Memoir said...

Love your blog! great going! xxx C