Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Gorgeous day in Tampa Bay!

I just came back from a lovely bike ride on the Pinellas trail over the water and then I took a venture off into a neighborhood by Bay Pines VA. It was absolutely gorgeous outside. I wish I had room to bring my camera on rides. Florida definitely wins the prize of awesome weather today.


I'm trying to ride my bike more now since the weather is picking up. As for endurance and speed, let's just say I have none. I am SLOW and I do not ride for very long (half hour). I used to feel guilty and bad about this, but I don't care anymore. As long as I am moving and enjoying my time, then all of those other things will come with practice. Once I get more comfortable, I want to get the clip in pedals. Actually, it is time for my 30 day bike maintenance check-up with the bike shop. And today while pumping up my tires (a work out in itself!), I somehow bent the end of the valve on the tire. um, shit? I hope it holds air. Definitely will be getting that looked at.
The only thing I hate about riding my bike is preparing to go. I have a small Toyota and I stuff my beauty into the trunk. Good thing she is light.
 I need a bike rack!!
I also wish I had someone to go riding with, like Mirza. Although I do love the alone time, I know another person would probably help to motivate me to go longer and harder.

Before my ride, I made banana oatmeal with hemp milk! Anyone try it before? It had a slightly nutty flavor, but since I added walnuts to my oatmeal, it was kind of hard to distinguish.

This had: one banana, 1/2 cup hemp milk, cinnamon, vanilla extract (cap full), 3 tablespoons organic whole rolled oats, and for toppings: local Florida strawberries, toasted walnuts, and a drizzle of honey.

I can't believe I spent so long eating packets of instant crap/sugar filled oatmeal. Nothing compares to this. I <3 oatmeal. People who don't love oatmeal, just don't "get" it, you know?

0 comments: