Two small dilemmas on my mind:
#1 is not so much of a dilemma, but I will still discuss it, anyway.
I've calculated that in September, I should probably have enough hours to take my CCRN. I kind of hinted this to the nurse I am working with and she was like, "nah, you should really get a good 2-3 years experience and then take it."
To me, it seems like if I am studying for this exam over the next months, then I am only increasing my knowledge base and helping me become a better ICU nurse. If I meet the minimum requirement (1750 hours in ICU), then I qualify just like everyone else, right? Either way, I went ahead and ordered the DVD's and will start studying. It has always been my goal to get my CCRN, and I also want to go back to school part time for my Master's and get a start on that, so I would like to have it prior to my application, as well, but certainly that is not my sole reason for wanting it since I would still need to keep up with CE's. I'm just going to do what I want...
Mirza is (supposed to) graduate next May with a BS in Music Education. I had planned on starting my MSN program in January.
However, given his degree and the economy, I'm thinking realistically that we may need to relocate for him to find a job.
Should I wait until he is finished and know for sure what is going on before I start school? I'm just worried that I will start my program and then we might have to move or something. I'd rather have him settle with his job...does this make sense? The only thing is that I want to start school sooner rather than later, but more experience in the ICU is never a bad thing, either. Also, I'm not the kind of person to keep putting off school because I love it and actually miss it (hence the excitement for studying for my CCRN).
I'm a planner, if you can't tell.