Friday, March 26, 2010

she works hard for the $$

One day off in between work is not enough time. I have to work Saturday and Sunday now. I'm just tired and desperately need a break.

I tried to think of something I could make for dinner that would last the weekend, so I could have lunches. Since last week I made mushroom burgers using this recipe , I decided I wanted to somehow utilize the leftover "meat." I made these same burgers in December and they were amazing . I highly recommend them for a good vegetarian meal.
I decided to make a baked penne pasta dish. I mixed the penne with a leftover jar of tomato sauce, freshly grated pecorino romano cheese, organic arugula from my CSA chopped into tiny pieces, whole milk mozzarella on top and bread crumbs. I baked it at 350 for about 20 minutes.


Dessert was a leftover "green splash" smoothie from this afternoon:



Anyone going to watch Jamie Oliver's "Food Revolution" tonight on ABC? I watched the preview last week and it looks awesome.

I'll be watching until I go to bed, which is like..9pm! My job starts at 5:30, so I'm up a little after 4am:( *sigh*

I recently purchased Pollan's "Food Rules." Here are some of my favorites:


Eat only foods that have been cooked by humans.

 Don't ingest foods made in places where everyone is required to wear a surgical cap.

If it came from a plant, eat it. if it was made in a plant, don't.

 It's not food if it's called by the same name in every language (Think Big Mac, Cheetos, Pringles.).


Have a great weekend. 

0 comments: