Friday, June 23, 2006

I got my letter!

I GOT MY LETTER YESTERDAY!
Orientation is Tuesday, July 11th 8am-3pm! HOW EXCITING IS THAT, PEOPLE? For me, very. I ripped that package open before I could even reach the front door from the mailbox. My acceptance letter is now in a protector sheet in a binder. I may frame it:)
This is what my letter says *sips some water**clears throat*

Dear Ms Nicole__,

Congratulations! It is my pleasure to inform you that you have been admitted to the Upper Division/Accelerated program in the College of Nursing for Fall 2006. This decision was made based on your successful completion of the prerequisite courses and your outstanding GPA. I appreciate how hard you have worked to reach this goal and want you to know that the College of Nursing's faculty and staff are committed to assisting you in becoming a leader in the nursing profession.
To confirm your admission to the College of Nursing, please complete the following Intent to Enroll form by Wednesday June 31, 2006. You can return it to the College of Nursing by mail, or you can fax it to us at xx-xxx-xxxx.
Upper Division/Accelerated students are required to attend Match Day- Orientation, Tuesday July 11, 2006, 8 am to 3 pm in the College of Nursing room xxxx. During Match Day, students have an opportunity to request their choice of clinical agency where they will attend all of their clinical learning experiences while enrolled in the baccalaureate degree nursing program. This is termed a Match process. All of the participating agencies provide students with excellent clinical experiences that fulfill all of the clinical learning requirements in the program. Students will also be given the opportunity to participate in a question and answer session. Students will receive a registration appointment time, program plan and list of courses to register for at the end of this program.
We look forward to having you as a student in the College of Nursing as you pursue your professional career. If there is anything the College of Nursing can do to assist you, please contact the Student Affairs Office xxx-xxx-xxxx.
Sincerely,
blablablaWOO

Main Things To Do Before Orientation:

**Mail my letter of intent

**Become CPR certified (in the process of finding a class)

**Complete Med history/Immunization form

**Get Health insurance (BLA!!)

**Become HIPPA certified


1 comments:

KHP said...

Ooh, I remember how excited I was for orientation! You're going to have a great time.

That's interesting that you'll be at one facility for the whole pre-RN clinical experience. We rotate through different hospitals each semester so that we get a variety of experiences to different atmospheres and styles.