Monday, June 19, 2006

Stuck in a Rut

I have an interview tomorrow at a fabric store--BLA! Really not looking forward to making less than $7.00hr at an unproductive job, but I suppose some money is better than none.

I am currently kicking myself because last summer I took a CNA training course through the Red Cross with a friend, but after the class, I was completely broke and I couldn't afford the $115 or so to take the state boards. Time has passed, school took over and I still am not certified. However, said friend became certified immediately and just began her first job at a local hospital. I am happy for her, but mad at myself. I suppose there's not much I could do about it considering I had no money, but darn it! I could potentially be working as a CNA right now!:(
It would have been so great to get that experience before starting nursing school. Now I feel like maybe I am missing out.
However, maybe it is best that I do NOTHING nursing related for the summer and relax considering the next 2.5 years will be spent on nothing BUT nursing. Also, I want to learn the proper techniques and I might be taught wrong if I began working before school.
I don't know. Any ideas?

1 comments:

shrimplate said...

Continue to go for it. The sooner you get a hospital job, ANY hospital job, the sooner you'll get the hang of that peculiar and insular culture.

It has its own language, its own coolness, its own ethic, and if there's anything you can do to sneak into that underground, it will greatly help you in nursing school and in future job searches.