Sunday, February 14, 2010

I was talking to my sister about someday doing a triathlon and I mentioned the one in June from my hospital and when I told her it was a sprint, she was even more on board with me doing it. I reallllllly would want to, but am scared.
-I hate to run. I have tried to like it, even love it. I just...SUCK.
-I am scared of the open water. But I know with all those people thrashing around, that I won't get eaten by anything.
-AAAAH.

I've been researching couch to sprint triathlon programs, but all of them seem so confusing, I just don't get it. I have 19 weeks until the June 27th triathlon...http://bit.ly/9vQEG9. 
Should I do it?
help!

2 comments:

Niki said...

I think you should go for it!! The run is only a 5k, definitely doable as is the bike portion! I would be scared of the swim too but if you practice and attempt some open water swims before the race, then you should be fine! I think it sounds fun! Doesn't hurt to tri, right?! No pun intended! Hehe.

Lauren said...

Hi! I recently found your blog and just wanted to share that it is awesome!! I have really enjoyed reading about your experiences during nursing school and have refered your blog to my boyfriend who is working on his application to nursing school! Its great that you created this, reading about what you experienced is making me reconsider my major change! Thank you for creating this blog!!