Friday, June 12, 2009

Om, read, swim, eat


I made it to a much needed and overdue yoga class today. Always makes me feel refreshed and ready to start the day.
After, I went to the library. I would have came home with a lot more, but they were kind of heavy. My library has an extensive collection of cookbooks, including vegetarian. I could probably spend hours there. However, I usually don't since I prepare a list before hand. The best part is the self-check out!





List includes:
How I Learned To Cook: Culinary Educations from the World's Greatest Chefs by Kimberly Witherspoon, Peter Meehan

Vegetarian Cooking for Everyone by Deborah Madison

The Greens Cookbook by Deborah Madison with Edward Espe Brown

The Zuni Cafe Cookbook by Judy Rodgers


The stupid part is that now I work for the next two days, so I won't have time to look through them and actually cook something, haha! I will skim through before bed and mark the ones I want to try. Also, the first book looks fun because it's a collection of essays. Should be a nice, light read before bed.
I'm definitely trying to prepare some more vegetarian entrees, especially for when my CSA begins in November. That and I am really just getting kind of sick of eating animals:(

I spent the rest of the day with Mirza. We went for a quick swim and then off to the grocery store. I made a list and stuck to it!


(my little notebook that goes everywhere with me)




And I stayed under $40, which is always a plus!! I didn't photograph the food, but I got: 2 plum tomatoes, basil, bananas, 3 organic nectarines, two packages of organic raspberries, organic strawberries (they were on sale and replaced the "grapes" from my list since they didn't have organic), bag of organic spinach, cucumber, pita pockets, mozzarella cheese, lara bars, milk, and for dessert: So Delicious Coconut Almond mini's . I saw them on Jenna's blog and was delighted to see them at Publix! Thanks to Jenna for introducing me to them through her blog.


Dinner tonight was Tuscan-Style Chicken With Italian Sautéed Beans. I've made it before; it's alright. The beans are definitely tasty and easy to prepare (cheap too). The chicken? It was okay. I don't know, I think I am just so sick of chicken, it does not appeal to me much anymore.





And the dessert was soooo GOOD. It tastes like an Almond Joy bar or Mounds...mmmmmmmm.

It is getting kind of late, so I'm going to go curl up with one of my new books and hit the sack. Also, my Yoga Journal magazine for this month arrived in the mail, so I have some reading to do.

1 comments:

april said...

You have beautiful handwriting! Let me know if those cookbooks are any good!