Saturday, June 6, 2009

Product Review

I've been in the market for a facial scrub that is as close to "natural" as possible. For me, this would include things from nature and as few chemicals (ie-parabens) as possible. As some of you probably know, this is quite tricky. I've never really been one to purchase a lot of cosmetics or facial cleanser type things. In fact, I don't even really wash my face, except when in the shower and it gets wet! I have found the more I mess with my face, the more I get breakouts. I've never really had any issues with acne, just a few pimples here and there growing up.
Like I was saying, I've been on the search for something to exfoliate and get all the dead skin off. I do have quite a few bumps on my forehead that are practically invisible except to me. Price is also an issue. I did not want to spend like $40 on some high end product and then find out I don't like it!!
Since I've been using Alba's Sea Moss Moisturizer with good results, I decided I would stay with this product.

I went back and forth between the Sea moss products and the Alba Hawaiian and eventually decided on this:

The ingredients weren't too wild and the price wasn't crazy either.
I paid a little over $11.00

I just used it in the bathtub and so far, so good.
I can tell you it definitely has a great smell. Tropical. I like it!
The exfoliating beads aren't overwhelming.

I am thinking I will use it a few times a week and see what kind of results I get. Basically, I am looking to even out my skin tone and reduce some of the "invisible" bumps on my forehead.

Anyone have experience with this product?

3 comments:

Miss Purple Stethoscope said...

No experience with this product, but I made the switch to natural products a few year's ago and have never gone back. My secret? "Lush" brand products. I'm sure that it's stocked in the States, but if not, you can order a lot of their products online and it's not too expensive. I *highly* recommend "Angels on Bare Skin" - smells divine and works a treat.

Ps - I don't work for Lush, I'm just a humble student ;-)

Miss Purple Stethoscope said...

PPS - here us their website: http://www.lushusa.com/shop

Raspberry Stethoscope said...

Thanks, I will definitely check it out:)