Tuesday, June 30, 2009

slump

Wow, I feel dumb. I got all dressed and ready to go to a weight lifting class at my gym. Drove halfway there and convinced myself that I had looked on the Wednesday schedule and that there wasn't a class. Of course, I came back home and indeed, it was this morning at 10:15! Yep, I'm an idiot.
I've decided to go to Xtreme Training at 4:30 instead, unless Mirza and I go swimming. I ended up running for about 25 minutes instead.

I am so sore! On Sunday, I went to a total fitness class and the instructor totally kicked my ass! It was interval training and now my butt, chest, and calves are killing me! It feels like when I first joined the gym 2 years ago. I like being sore though, don't you? Even though being in pain is never fun, it helps me to know I did something great for my body! Yesterday I ran as fast as I could on the treadmill for about 15 minutes before my yoga class. Holy wow, the treadmills at my gym make such a difference compared to the crappy one at my apartment complex. It was a much smoother run?
And the yoga class was exactly what I was looking for. It used to be "gentle yoga" and I didn't like it because it was kind of boring and it seemed geared towards the older crowd, but now it is awesome! In addition to all of that, I finally caved in last night around 7-8pm and went swimming with Mirza. We really worked it. I feel like yesterday I did so much good for my body in terms of exercise. I wish everyday could be like that.

However, yesterday I was truly feeling down. It seems like usually midway through the day, around 2-5pm, I just get into this slump where I don't want to do anything and I just feel so negative. Especially yesterday I had no self-esteem. It was like the world was against me and I felt like the ugliest person in the world. What is that about?? Probably hormones. Sometimes I feel that reading other blogs is similar to reading magazines and it could contribute to low-self esteem at times. I know that might sound harsh since all of the blogs I read are by healthy and smart individuals, but most of them are also just so damn beautiful! sheesh. I'm really trying to incorporate more of a healthy and positive attitude in life and I do think many of the blogs, especially Angela's have helped me in the last few months.
I also have to add that my boyfriend, Mirza of 6+ years is the most understanding, compassionate, and comforting boyfriend in the world. Even when I am not that pleasant to be around during one of my "slumps" he always reassures me that I am the most beautiful person in the world (even though at the time I never believe him)!


Before my "slump" though, I did manage to make a fantastic Green Monster consisting of two leafs of Kale, half of a banana, four slices of pineapple, 1/2-1 cup of coconut milk/juice, tablespoon of Flax, and 1 tablespoon of Organic Nutiva Hemp Protein! I must admit, I was scared to add the protein in case it tasted like crap, but I didn't taste anything. I'm not sure what the hemp tastes like on it's own, but if anything, it enhanced the GM for sure!
I really love this drink:


Some random pictures from yesterday:
I managed to whip up the quinoa wrap!

We went to the record store...





This evening I'll be working on a post related to finances, budgets, materialism, and consuming. Even though I am quite conservative with money, the last few months have been difficult with money and I need an overhaul!!

3 comments:

Susan said...

Low self-esteem? You're so pretty! We're all our own worst critics.

I once showed up to work (when I worked at a restaurant) two hours early because I read the schedule wrong...oops!

Miss Purple Stethoscope said...

Aw Nicole - you are very very pretty and I can say with certainty that your healthy lifestyle and eating habits put all your readers to shame :-P I wish I had even half of your energy or stamina at the end of my day or my weekends!!

april said...

I love being sore too! It's awesome haha.