Monday, October 12, 2009

Day 12: Apple squash soup

This morning I wanted to go to a studio class, but decided to save money since there was a 10:30 class at my gym. Today's practice was refreshing; it felt like we held the poses for an eternity! Sometimes I love that and sometimes not...I did today!

I spent the rest of the day finishing up my GI/Heme CCIP modules and then decided to go shopping!
I bought a pair of yoga pants from Old Navy and some shorts, too.
I also stopped by Borders and almost bought this book.


But decided to wait and read reviews online first. Has anyone read it? Worth buying?

Dinner was Apple-Squash Soup from Clean Food. I highly recommend this book. My CSA begins in one month and I know it will definitely come in handy.

As far as the soup?
It was delicious!! Had an apple-sauce kind of feel, but the flavors were all over the place good. UNFORTUNATELY, my camera is still at Mirza's and I have yet to retrieve it, so no pictures:(

For the recipe, it called for a hand held blender and I bought one for $20 at Walmart. Call me weird, but it was fun to use! I'm going to be finding more recipes to incorporate it.

I'd really like to hear how everyone's yoga practice is going, especially if you're doing the 31-Yoga Challenge. Please comment with any stories, inspirational thoughts, anything!

Have a happy night!

4 comments:

Flissy said...

OOH! I have that book and it's actually one of my favorites! I really like Steve Ross' approach to yogic philosophy. It's very easy to understand and apply to real life. There's some nice asana sequences in there, too.

Raspberry Stethoscope said...

Thanks, I might get a used copy.

Ang said...

Yoga practice is going well! Still going the at home route! I am planning to hit up a class at the gym before the 31 days is up. I seems to be suffering from plantar fasciitis so I'm not sure about the standing barefoot for an hour but we'll see!

Unknown said...

I am going to have to check that out as well! Love the blog...you show such an amazing enthusiasm, it's contagious.