Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Day 13: Take two

Alright, I feel much better now. I was just so frustrated earlier by the fact that it is October and it is still soooo hot that I cannot even go for an autumn walk. I want fuzzy sweaters, beautiful foliage, crunchy leaves, crisp air!
We've been breaking all kinds of record high temperatures!
But relief is in site for the weekend:


I cannot wait!
I plan on taking a nice, long walk.

After my little meltdown, I did about 20 minutes of yoga, followed by 5 of savasana and then a 15 minute guided meditation from Living Joy.


I forgot I bought this cd over a year ago and it occured to me during savasna, so I jumped up and put on "Living Acceptance," since clearly I need to accept the fact that I live here! haha

Max participated:





hmmmmmmm?
I was probably thinking about dinner...



My best attempt at a dancer pose. I don't know how people get their legs practically over their heads and torso up, but...you know...this is me!


I can go forward, but not up!


Balance is not an issue for me, but apparently flexibility is!:)


Made some homemade chocolate chip waffles for dinner...




Pretty new pictures in honor of the 31-Day Yoga Challenge:

4 comments:

Lauren said...

Chocolate chip waffles sound delicious! Love that your kitty does yoga!!!

Lauren said...

P.S. Our weather is going to be in the 50's all week!!!! Booo to you!!!! :)

Ang said...

I like the dancer pose too but I'm about as flexible with it as you are!

Chocolate chip waffles! Yum!

Joanna Ashleigh said...

Hello! This is the first time I've commented on your blog. My name's Joanna and I live in Denver, CO.

You've got me thinking about doing the same sort of challenge in November! My hope is that with the time change I'll be able to get up and out the door early to get to class. I already have a decent yoga practice but doing it every single day for a month would be a fun challenge and would hopefully help organize my life a bit more (esp right before the holidays!).

What really prompted me to comment was your observation on dancers and I had a thought that may or may not help. It looks like you're grabbing your foot from the outside edge. Maybe try holding onto the inside edge, so your thumb and big to touch? I know there are many different thoughts and variations on yoga poses between different styles and teachers... I just though I'd put out this slight variation for you to try. Namaste.

Good luck! I can't wait to read more! xo! ~Joanna