Sunday, October 4, 2009

Day 4: Sunday

Today was a wonderful Sunday, if I do say so myself!!

I started the day off with my usual oatmeal and peanut butter toast. I completed a few of my Neuro modules for CCIP, and around 8:30 decided to go for a walk on the beach.







Mirza is sitting next to me right now watching me blog. It feels weird since I'm usually alone when I blog! (random thought)

After the beach, I stopped by Target since it was on the way. I remembered that my nephew is turning 4 on the 7th, so I had to get him something! I bought him a big preschool workbook, and a dinosaur coloring book that comes with tiny dinosaur figurines and stickers. I think he'll like it!

I rushed home to get in a snack before Yoga! I cut up an organic honeycrisp apple, a few slices of aged Vermont white cheddar cheese, a handful of pita chips with sea salt, and sun-dried tomato hummus! This was surprisingly a very satisfying snack. The perfect combo of sweetness and salty to balance out. Sorry, no picture!


11:30 was Yoga! The new instructor (who I think is fabulous) is off for two weeks because she's at a yoga philosophy class (jealous), but the instructor today was awesome, too. We did a lot of sun salutations and down-dogs.


I spent the rest of my day cleaning, shopping, and finishing my modules. I cannot believe CCIP is going to end at the end of the month. I'm nervous!

Dinner was a lemon pepper chicken, spinach/carrot salad, and spiced sweet potato fries, recipe courtesy of Terry Walters from "Clean Food." They were absolutely delicious and the star of the meal.


And for dessert: double chocolate banana bread. The recipe came from the magazine, "Cooking pleasures." There is pretty much nothing healthy about this recipe, but that's okay!! My mom gave it to me a few weeks ago because right now she is without an oven and thought it would be good. It was! Plus, I had a lot of too-ripe for eating bananas to get rid of.




The next two days I'll be working, so my updates may be short, but I will definitely be letting everyone know how my home practice goes!


Yoga Question: Do you have a favorite
Asana (pose)? Tell me why! I'll reveal mine later in the week...

6 comments:

Flissy said...

Ooh I made banana bread today too! Chocalate sounds amazing! YUMMY!

My favorite yoga pose is probably urdva danurasana. I get all euphoric doing deep backbends!

You can see my daily updates at www.omchantress.com!

Unknown said...

I just stumbled upon your blog and I think it's so cool that your doing a 31 day yoga challenge! I've never heard of it before :) I'll be back!

april said...

Your so lucky you have a beach! All we have is dirt here. LOL

That banana bread looks sooo good! I bet it'd be good with peanut butter!

And I'm doing yoga tonight I promise!!

Ang said...

Wow I miss the beach! This was the first summer in forever I didn't get to go!

Favorite pose...not sure. I like the balancing poses best though.

Courtney Sunday said...

I am starting yoga teacher training next week. I find my poses always change, but lately I love backbends. I probably like plow pose better than all others - it feels so invigorating and detoxifying!

Princi said...

Yoga Question: Do you have a favorite
Asana (pose)? Tell me why!

I like Tree Pose because it gives me a strong sense of freedom.