Friday, October 2, 2009

Day 2

Day 2 of yoga was a vinyasa type flow class at my gym from 1030-1130! There were a lot of down dogs and forward folding and bending. I find it so difficult to forward fold when you're sitting with your legs straight out in front of you. And with legs spread, forget it. I barely fold at all. I find this position completely uncomfortable and I'm making it one of my missions to understand why. The instructor was completed folded in half with chest to ground or legs. I don't think that is physically possible for me! The whole time I am putting all of my breath and focus into "folding at the hip," but it isn't happening!! haha. oh well.



Yesterday at work the newspaper in a patient's room caught my eye. Front and center was a photograph of someone standing with the orange/pink night sky stretching their arms high in the air. The words: Vibrant Relaxation across the top. Immediately I grabbed it since it had a yoga-vibe. Turns out they have a hot yoga class on top of the roof of a place called "Push Ultra Lounge" in downtown St. Pete. Wednesday from 6:30-7:45. I LOVE THIS!! On top of the roof, in the hot sun, OUTDOORS.
Can anyone guess where I'll be on Wednesday?;)

I'm off for a bubble bath and then more reading of the yoga book.
I would love to hear how your month is going, so please continue to comment and post in your blogs.

2 comments:

Eco Yogini said...

YAY day two! :) I also cannot bend very much in seated forward folds- some people just aren't naturally flexible in certain ways. After four years of practice I can now hold onto my feet with two 'peace' fingers while maintaining a flat back- YAY. legs open though- not so much. I'm ok with that. I know that there are other aspects that I am 'good' at.

Hot yoga is a dangerous place for myself- as I find since I'm not naturally flexible, heating up my muscles to bend more deeply and quickly can result in injury (happened one summer where I pulled my achilles tendon... ack!). I know yogis who love hot yoga, but it's just too dangerous for myself. :)
Can't wait to hear how it goes!

Lauren said...

Awesome challenge! I love yoga, but I only do it a couple times a week. Good luck!! :)